Mall@Reds is a fully enclosed, Regional Community Shopping Centre.
The mall opened in 2003 and is currently 50,723m² of GLA, together with parking for over 2,660 cars. The mall has grown from an 18,000m² convenience centre to a 50,723m² regional centre in 2011. With our 4th extension that opened end April 2009 (our fashion wing) as well as the 5th extension, our piazza that opened November 2011, Mall@Reds is now the second largest mall in Centurion, and will continue to grow.
Trade Area / Demographics
- Average monthly footcount equals to 500 000 people per month.
- Average annual trading density is R16 100 / m²
The Mall@Reds is situated at the busy intersection of Rooihuiskraal and Hendrik Verwoerd Drive. These roads are the main "arteries" through Centurion and Rooihuiskraal and make the site easily accessible to and from the surrounding areas. Not only does the prime location of Mall@Reds make it highly visible and accessible, but also finds itself strategically situated right in the centre of the fastest residential growth point in South Africa. This intersection is used by +/- 30,000 vehicles per 24-hour period.
|Pick 'n Pay||5100m²|
The following demographic information is extracted from the retail study conducted:
- There are +/- 28,000 households residing in the primary trade area which belong in the medium to high income bracket (R11,000 - R40,000+ per month).
- The average household consists of 3.1 persons, with 1.9 earners per household.
- The socio-economic and demographic profile represents a shopper with an average age of 40 years, a household income of almost R30 000 per month and the majority (68%) in LSM 10 and 10+.
- The Mall@Reds is supported by 77% of the shoppers on a weekly or more frequent basis, which is far above the benchmark of 62%.
- The loyalty factor of the Mall@Reds is 6.5, slightly above benchmark.
- Approximately 70% of residents in the trade area use either Hendrik Verwoerd- or Rooihuiskraal Drive as a traffic route on a daily basis.
- Over 2 000 new residential stands were developed in the past 18 months.
Tel: +27 (0)12 656 8957 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org